Monday, August 3, 2015

Old World Wisconsin

Anna and I spent hours at Old World Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago.  It was a HUGE hit with both us and our kids, despite Rachel and Fitz missing their naps.  I am so glad we went.  Thus far, I would rate that day the best of our summer.



Making wooden pegs


Making sugar cookies






School house!  Look at Max's face!  I love it!



Bridget loved these shoes we had to wear to gather eggs.  She felt like Cinderella.  :)







This is such a fun place.  It is similar to Nauvoo and Williamsburg, but in some ways I loved it even more!  The tour guides and people in the homes were amazing with our kids.  They had so many hands on activities and got the kids involved right away.  We made sugar cookies, swept porches, made wooden pegs, gathered eggs, saw darling piglets and lambs, ground wheat, and more that I am sure I am forgetting.  The other thing I loved is that every house had something cooking in it.  Hello!  Everything smelled delicious.  

It was just the greatest day; so glad we went!

No comments: