We were lucky enough to have my mom come and visit for a week. About a month ago I knew that that week was going to shape up to be very stressful. Richard was going to be gone on three interviews, the kids were starting school, Marshall was starting soccer, and both Richard and Marshall had birthdays. My mom was kind enough to rearrange a trip with my dad and grandpa so that she could come stay with us for an entire week. It was nothing short of wonderful.
Richard hopped on a plane on Saturday morning and my mom flew in just hours later. She got us through a rough Sunday, because Sundays are always rough. And more importantly, she was here during a crucial 48 hours while Richard and I were waiting for fellowship stuff to pan out. I was a wreck! Speaking of wrecks, Marshall was also a wreck because of school. Needless to say, I am SO glad my mom came. She was a lifesaver.
We also packed in a whole lot of fun. We love Grandma Laura!
We went hiking at Schlitz Audobon. Some of us had more fun than others.
| I ended up with a pesky eye infection. Hence the glasses. :) |
The night before school started I whisked Marshall away on an impromptu date and left my mom with the girls. He and I chatted over Chick-Fil-A and got out all our feelings. Love this little man.
We ate at Holey Moley donuts. Too bad they were out of the vanilla cream donut, but still delicious.
Next up was a morning at the zoo.
And Kopps! Red Raspberry. Yum.
My mom's last full day here was a girls' day. Richard and Marshall were on their way to Nebraska and I didn't take Bridget to school. Instead, we drove up to Sheboygan to go to Bookworm Gardens. It was delightful, picturesque, and charming. My favorite day of her visit!
We wrapped up our night with "Cinderella", more donuts, and mani/pedis. It was so fun! I see many more girls' nights in our future.
Hooray for grandparents!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment