Wednesday, March 5, 2014

5 1/2

Marshall is 5 1/2 years old today and he isn't letting anyone forget it.  We do absolutely nothing to celebrate half-birthdays around here, but he has been looking forward to this day for weeks. 
 
 
Marshall on Mis-Match Day for school.  It took some convincing, but he finally agreed to this outfit.  :)
 
Marshall has been growing up by the week.  I am so proud of him and the good choices he is making (most of the time) and the independence he is gaining (most of the time). 
 
 
Marshall has been so fun to talk to today.  He is convinced that he has grown, can jump higher, and is learning more things today all because he is 5 1/2 years old.  All day long I've heard, "Mommy, do you remember that I'm being like a 5 1/2 year old today?  Will you always remember it?" 
 

He's such a spirited little bowler.  :)
This winter is taking its toll on Marshall.  The last week he has been bouncing off the walls.  He has resorted to shooting arrows and playing baseball in the living room.  Honestly, I don't have the heart to put a stop to it because we are all so stir crazy and I feel bad for the little guy.  He has gotten quite good at smacking the baseball.  Fortunately nothing has broken, may it stay that way...
 

 
Most of the time, Marshall is one fantastic brother.  On these cold winter afternoons I sometimes feel bad that he is cooped up with us three girls, but he certainly makes the most of it.
 
 
He is so quick to entertain Rachel when she is sad and he loves Bridget to play with him. 
 
A few more random things about Marshall at the wise old age of 5 1/2...
 
*I have to beg him to eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day. 
 
*He is quickly catching on to reading.
 
*He organizes a football game almost every night in our living room.  He is the only player and it just exhausts me to watch him.
 
*His favorite topics of conversation are sports, rhyming words, and the workings of the human body.
 
So glad we have him.  Happy 5 1/2 buddy. 
 
 


No comments: