Friday, March 7, 2014

The End Is In Sight!

I have an inkling that spring is finally creeping into Milwaukee.  The high today was 44!  That is a good 44 degrees from what we are used to.  Never mind the snow that is coming tonight.  It sure has been a doozy of a winter and I am relieved and overjoyed to see it coming to an end.  To celebrate we made an afternoon trip to the zoo today.  It was great to be strolling outside; we haven't done this in months!  As I read on a friend's blog this week, we haven't seen our grass since before Thanksgiving and we've had 47 days below 0 degrees Fahrenheit.  Geez.  Thanks for the stats Karisa.  :)
 
Anyway, the zoo was wonderful.
 

Marshall got a good workout pushing these two almost the entire time.  No small feat.
Despite these frigid temperatures, we've still managed to have some fun, largely thanks to great Milwaukee friends!
 
Story Time at Yo-Mama.

An evening of Star Wars music and characters at the Domes.



Play dates with Max.

An afternoon at the art museum.


These two and their poses...

Family bowling outing.


More Max.

Krispy Kreme tour.  Marshall is crazy, stir-crazy that is.  See my hand pushing him back???

A trip to the public museum.

A humid room full of butterflies at the museum.  Bridget wanted so badly to have one land on her.  Marshall was freaked out though so his jerky movements made things tricky for Bridget.



 
Brunch at Blue's Egg with five moms, five kids, and three babies!  It was a success!
Gymboree class.  These two were pros with the ducks.
Come quickly spring.  We're ready to play outside.


1 comment:

Karisa and John said...

I love all these pictures! I posted the one you sent me the other day (4 kids at Yo Mama) on my blog too. I love the pictures of Bridget striking poses after her bowling!

And the winter stats-- I found them on the WISN website. Or maybe TMJ4. I can't remember. The 47 days below 0 means that at some point in the day it was below 0. (So possibly at night or early morning.) That sounds accurate to me! It ties 1916 for the most days below 0. Definite bragging rights for surviving this winter!