Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bridget's Birthday

Little Miss Bridget turned four on March 11th.  It was a joyous day, and surely a fun one.  The only sad part is that Richard was out of town at a review session, and we surely missed him.  But, we made it a fun day and took lots of pictures to document.






The gifts can be summed up with ponies, princesses, and pink.  :)



Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast.  Don't mind if I do!

I volunteered in Bridget's preschool class that day.  Anna was kind enough to watch Rachel for me so I took Max to school.  Bridget was possibly more excited to have Max with us than for me to stay in class.  :)



In preschool they are learning all about zoos and different animals.  Bridget was being an excellent zookeeper.  







This is the Birthday Bear.  It sings.  She loved it.  

Chocolate chip cookies for a birthday treat!!!

Murf's for lunch with the Hassells.  Three cheers for custard and cheese curds!

The weather was SO nice that week.  We took our first walk of the year that afternoon, and it was wonderful!!!

I should note that Bridget's birthday dinner of choice was chicken nuggets and cereal.  With Richard being gone, I went with it.  All three kids gobbled it up, zero complaints.  No guilt here.



 All the in-between of  the day was spent playing with new toys.  Bridget was so good to share with Marshall...but not  Rachel.  :)  It was such a fun day.  

A few days later, once Richard was home, we had her first ever friend birthday party.  We invited eight kids, and I was certain not everyone would come, but I was wrong!  Thankfully, the weather was gorgeous and we were able to spend a lot of the party outside.  I was so happy with how it turned out.  Richard and I successfully managed 11 kids for two hours and had zero mishaps!  I would do it all over again.  









Opening the presents was probably the highlight.  ;)

How much spit do you think ended up on that cake?!  We are just glad Bridget's hair didn't catch on fire.  


I've said this before, but I will say it again!  Even though my kids are still so young, I am already very thankful for the good friends they have.  These kids come from good families, with kind parents, who teach their kids respect and kindness.  I am so thankful for the people we have met here.  

And on that note...happy birthday to our Bridget girl!  Another birthday in the books!


No comments: