Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bridget's Dance Recital

Little Bridget had her first, of hopefully many, dance recitals last weekend.  She did great!  My parents were in town, and I am so glad they could be there.  Richard and Marshall were also there, this is all new territory for them...may they learn to enjoy it.  :)

Bridget was so excited and she did a great job!  I actually got a little teary eyed watching her dance up on the stage.  I couldn't believe I was the one in the audience watching my daughter perform.  It was a bit surreal, and clearly emotional!

Bridget and I went into this class not knowing a soul, but we both ended it with some great friends!  I always looked forward to Tuesdays at 9:30 to sit and visit with the moms of these kids.  We ended our last class with a lunch date; it was great!


She was completely delighted!


Love this little lady.
Bridget just took class through the Wauwatosa Recreation department.  Years ago, when I did not have children, and was teaching at To The Pointe I promised myself my kids would not take dance in someone's home or through the rec department.  Well, fast-forward a few years to the reality of life, and here we are, taking classes through the rec.  :)  Was the costume amazing?  No.  Did the show knock my socks off?  No.  But, Bridget learned a lot, and more importantly, had fun.  She's opted for gymnastics this summer, so we'll see what she goes for in the fall.  But, for now, I am enjoying my little dancing girl, in a cheap leotard, tutu, and little bare legs.  ;)

No comments: