Monday, September 14, 2015

Feeling Old


I will be 32 in three weeks.  My husband just turned 35 and my oldest child just turned 7.  I have a thing with numbers and ages.  I hate turning even numbers, this all started when I turned 20, and here I am just weeks away from 32.  Now, don't get me wrong, I have really, really loved my 30's.  But, aside from all the numbers, I have had two experiences lately that have made me realize I am certainly not getting any younger, and it is bizarre!

Experience 1:

About a month ago we had dinner with the Hassells and our dear friends the Wolthuises who moved away four years ago.  I got to dinner late, so I quickly hugged Nikki and Braden and sat down by Braden to start eating dinner.  After a few minutes I looked over at Braden, who has dark hair, and noticed that he has gray hair coming in on the sides, just like Richard does.  I mentioned this to Richard later that night and he said, "Yep, Braden and I have gray hair coming in and Tim is losing his hair-that's what happens."  Geez.  Theses are my friends now!  We are all in our 30s and getting old.

Experience 2:

Marshall is on a soccer team for the first time this year.  I volunteered at the coaches meeting a few weeks back.  It was held in the high school auditorium at 6:00.  As I sat manning my post of handing out team rosters, I got to do a lot of people watching.  I watched coaches, mostly dads, heading into the auditorium, dressed in suits, coming straight from work.  I looked around and suddenly realized I now belong to the group of parents who have school aged kids who play on sports teams.  I vividly remember going to my brothers' soccer games and now here I am going to my own son's soccer game.  Seriously, where does time go?!

Well, bring on 32, may it be just as good as 31, which sounds years younger in my head.  

2 comments:

Motleymommy said...

I just caught up on all my reading. Your posts are delightful and your adoration of your kids and your life shines through.

And 32....pffffft. no big deal! Look at that picture, you are gorgeous! I see no signs of aging! (just wait till 42!!!!)

Marietta said...

32 and gorgeous! Can't wait to have you guys closer!