Life is real good right now, and if I could, I would freeze all five of us in this phase of life.
| This baby girl just rolled over for the first time on Wednesday. We've all been cheering her on. |
Sure, there are things I don't love, like Richard averaging 70 hour work weeks lately, Marshall hitting Bridget, Bridget throwing a few good tantrums every day, and Rachel waking up at least two times a night. Yes, those things I could do without, but there is so much more that I surely love.
I love catching Marshall talking to Rachel and telling her that she is five months old and he is five years old.
I love the endless amount of questions Marshall has for me every day.
I love listening to Bridget play with her Jake toys. I love the way she ways "Ahoy!"
I love Rachel's huge open mouth smiles. I really giggle every time I see one.
I love listening to Marshall and Bridget talk to each other at night after we've tucked them in.
I love that Marshall wants a hug every morning before he walks into his classroom.
I love the crazy voice that Bridget uses to talk to Rachel.
I love that Rachel lets me kiss her squishy cheeks at least a hundred times a day.
I feel like after five months I have finally settled into an excellent routine of daily life for our little family. I've let a lot go, and for the most part, I don't worry about those little things any more. Instead, I find myself sitting down more to play with my kids, giving extra cuddles, and kissing the cheeks of my baby who is growing way too quickly.
I had an excellent, excellent Christmas break with my kids. I loved having us all together with no where to go. We played, we relaxed, and life was good. I was thrilled when school was cancelled for two days last week; I really did relish those extra two days I had with my three kids together. A few days ago I started thinking about Marshall being in school for a full-day come September and Bridget starting preschool. Although I am excited for both of them and the things that lay ahead, I don't want those experiences to come. I like that I have these three around me and usually underfoot for most of the day. I love that even though Marshall and Bridget are becoming more independent, they still need me and want me for so much. One day this is going to all be behind me, and I know I'll be happy then too, but man, these are some good days we are having.
No comments:
Post a Comment